Blue Jay Chalet Secluded Rocky Mountain Home with Hot Tub
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms 2 Baths • Sleeps 1-4
The charming Bluejay Chalet is the perfect escape for those who love the mountains located just under 20 minutes from Breckenridge and world-class skiing, this is a great mountain getaway. The home offers some outstanding breathtaking views of the mountains including Quandary Peak. The seasonal steam that runs through the property is a fantastic perk!
The house itself is spacious and well-appointed, with plenty of room for a family. There are two bedrooms (one with King and other with double bunks), each with its own comfortable bed and plenty of storage space for your belongings. The common areas are open and welcoming, with a large living room that features plenty of seating, a gas fireplace, and a flat-screen TV.
The kitchen is fully equipped with all the appliances and cookware you need to prepare your favorite meals, there is a dining area with seating for everyone in your party. If you prefer to cook outside, there is a grill and outdoor seating on the deck.
When you're ready to relax, head to the fenced private hot tub that is located on the side of house. From here, you can take in the stunning views of the mountains enjoy the peace and tranquility of the surrounding area while soaking in the warm water.
Alma is home to a variety of wildlife and this spectacular location affords opportunities to observe Bluejays, Elk, Deer and Foxes (just to name a few of the critters!) right on the property. Additionally, you may be able to see Moose in their natural habitat in the nearby wetland area located less than 1 mile from the Valley View house. One side of the garage is available for guest use and the roadways are maintained by the town of Alma, but 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES ARE recommended for getting around from November through May due to the frequent snow storms in this area.
Park County is an activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, it's a great "Base Camp!" If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. Activities include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too!), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, mine exploration, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
In addition to skiing in Breckenridge, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy in the area. And when you're ready to explore the town itself, there are plenty of restaurants, shops, and bars to check out.
Overall, this vacation rental is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to experience the beauty and adventure of the mountains while enjoying all the comforts of home.
***PROPERTY IS ON A WELL WITH A CISTERN PLEASE DON'T LEAVE WATER RUNNING***
* No pets, parties or smoking
* This home is located in the Central Rockies at approx. 10,433 ft. Please be advised that elevation and weather should be considered when deciding if this location is appropriate.
* Guests are required to have a four-wheel drive vehicle with adequate snow tires or chains during the winter months from November through May. The area is subject to frequent unpredictable and adverse weather conditions which can make travel difficult. Snow plowing will occur usually at about 5-6” but is determined on how much snow and driver availability.
* This home is located in a rural high alpine mountain environment where wildlife, insects and rodents may be encountered. The home is also equipped with a well water system and may have variability in taste, smell or mineral content based on time of year and usage.
* Guests will be required to sign a vacation rental agreement after
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Fifty percent (50.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 15 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 15 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
- Registration Number